The all new "Made In Japan" WeldSmart Grand (100 x 88 viewing area) LCD Automatic Welding Helmet. This helmet is high quality and extremely strong. Do not be fooled by other cheap knock offs, this helmet is made fromWELDSMART - (98 X 88) AUTO DARKENING WELDING HELMET - MIG TIG MMA ARC WELDER rugged and durable "Nylon 801." During impact strength testing at DuPont, Nylon 801 had 65 times more impact tolerance than traditional ABS plastic and 29.5 times more impact tolerance than polycarbonate. Our new model features 4 independent arc sensors that react in an ultra fast (1/30,000s) light to dark reaction time. It also features the addition of "Grind Mode" ( allowing the helmet to be used as a protective shield by not darkening while grinding). This unit can also use magnifying/cheater lenses. We have been selling WeldSmart helmets for over 8 years and they are undoubtedly as good as they com this is why we offer an industry leading 2-Year warranty. Once you feel and use this helmet, you will never want to weld with another helmet.
Just because a helmets outer shell looks similar to ours means nothing, as everything in China is copied to the exact look. What matters is the quality of the auto-darkening filter and the material of the outer shell. Our autodarkening filter is made in Japan. Many sellers on eBay with similar looking helmets have a smaller viewing areas and slower reaction time from light to dark state.
1. Automatically changes from light state to dark state (1/30,000s) when an arc is struck.
2. Shade number can be set manually between DIN 5-8 & 9-13
3. User friendly control panel for precise parameter control.
4. Massive 98mm X 88mm viewing Area
5. 4 Independent Arc Sensors ensuring you can weld ultra low amperage Tig
6. Grind Mode ( allowing the helmet to be use as a protective shield by not darkening while grinding)
7. Protective spatter shield lens protects the auto-darkening filter from being damaged by sparks and flying debris.
8. Simple and fast switching of shade number with the turn of a knob.
9. Low battery indicator & Shade Test function
10. Ultra-Soft helmet carry/storage bag with drawstring
11. Automatic shut off when not in use
12. Locking headgear ensuring no movement when in use
13. Industry Leading 2-Year Warranty
14. Protection from UV/IR rays during both dark and light states
15. The instant welding stops, the auto-darkening filter changes from a dark to light state slowly to protect the eyes from being hurt by the fizzing arc.
16. Magnifying/Cheater lens capability
Welding Standards are in accordance with relevant standards of EN 379-1999 and ANSI Z87.1-2003. Also these helmets have the CE & Din standards certification.